Digital / BIM Engineering Specialist
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||High Speed RailBIM|
|Salary||35 - 50,000 + pkg|
- World Renowned Design Consultancy are looking for a Digital Engineer Specialist to work within their Transportation Division to work on land mark transportation projects such as High Speed 2.
My client is looking for BIM / Digital wizards particularly those with 4D or 5D experience and any with software-focussed / Dynamo (or any computer language) experience or data analytics a huge benefit. This is a premier consultancy looking for innovators who are eager to learn and use new technology to its full potential.
The Digital Engineering Specialist will play a key role in the adoption of Digital advancement within the Transportation division throughout the project life cycle. They will operate at project level shaping Digital Engineering and its delivery, working in compliance with defined procedures and processes.
Working alongside Technical Specialists the Digital Engineering Specialist will be responsible for identification and promotion of workflows and tools which deliver the projects information requirements. Developing guidance to support engineering teams to assist them in meeting these requirements.
The Digital Engineering Specialist will be part of the Project Delivery function, which is there to ensure technical excellence, assurance and performance across all projects and opportunities from pre-project, early engagement and work winning through to detailed delivery.
Working for a World-Renowned Design Consultancy within their Transportation Division which covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. This is one of the UKs leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high-profile projects for Clients in both the Public and Private Sector.
This consultancy is one of the worlds most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. They build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. They have a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others follow and to deliver the future of mobility today. The Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. Working largely on Major Rail and highway projects.
Projects - High Speed 2
A Key project will be High Speed 2 – as well as working on specific design packages for main contractors for detail design and outline design direct with HS2. This consultancy has been awarded a 4-year £1m contract to provide BIM service to HS2. BIM services include planning and delivery of a range of activities including BIM educational and assessment tools for the supply chain. In addition to help drive long drive long-term efficiency and durability into asset management.
- Raising awareness of the project specific Digital Engineering (BIM) requirements as informed by client and stakeholders.
- Establishing and working with a network of Lead Designers, Interface Managers and task information managers to ensure adherence to the BIM requirements of the project in accordance with the BEP.
- Raising the awareness of the project specific Digital Engineering (BIM) requirements across the project teams and key stakeholders
- Promoting the utilisation and benefits of 3D content to review, influence and improve designs
- Shaping the delivery of Digital Engineering by supporting the application of Digital Engineering tasks and processes throughout delivery of projects.
- Supporting the development of project team to deliver Digital Engineering in line with their discipline specific responsibilities.
- Championing the implementation of mobile technology on site.
- Carrying out QA checks on design information to ensure the correct LOD/LOI are achieved.
- Maintaining collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver DE/BIM deliverables.
- Developing best practice and the Digital Engineering service offering within the 4D/5D space through proactive communication with other members of the Digital Engineering team.
- Developing 3D model information and associated outputs, e.g. visual, logistical, 4D, temporary works, and quantification, to assist the project team to effectively communicate and deliver to critical agreed deadlines.
- Creating and delivering training material for all applications used across the project.
- Capturing and sharing best practice relating to project implementation and support on projects.
- Demonstrating an awareness of the Digital Engineering capability of project stakeholders.
- Interfacing with suppliers in terms of information production and handover, ensuring the chosen IDT IT tools can interface with ProjectWise.
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Significant previous experience of delivering and using BIM or CAD software.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD in recognised industry applications (i.e. Bentley, Autodesk)
- Engineering or technically based training and a professional qualification (HNC, BSc, BEng) Working
- Some knowledge of civil engineering projects and a general technical ability
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timescales
- Logical approach and focussed attention to detail
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Organised; with an ability to manage their time efficiently and prioritise duties
- A 'can do I will do' approach
- A willingness to get Involved and do what's necessary to Improve the overall operation of the Digital Engineering systems
- Programming or app development experience – VBA, Dynamo, Rhino, grasshopper, Python, C#, C++ etc
- Data Scientist Skills / Analytics
- Practical experience delivering 4D/5D models
- Working knowledge of BS1192
£35 – 50,000 + health care + pension + bonus + 25 days Holiday