Lead Configuration and Control Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Location||Canary Wharf, London|
|Sector||High Speed Rail|
|Salary||£600 - £700 a day, inside of IR35|
- As an interim Lead Configuration and Control Manager at the UK's High Speed Rail Project you will lead on assuring the configuration management of the technical design and associated systems. Working within the System Engineering Team you will be responsible for developing robust requirements and integration and assurance frameworks that can provide an excellent level of configuration control.
About the role:
- Develop design configuration management plans to manage the integration of the design between technical leads and suppliers and ensure the effective implementation of these plans for the Technical Directorate.
- Establish and maintain procedures, competence levels and systems in order to ensure a robust approach for integration assurance management within by the project.
- Provide training on HS2 configuration management processes and requirements to the HS2 team and suppliers to ensure appropriate practices are followed for project success.
- Engage with the wider HS2 Ltd assurance activity to achieve the delivery of an efficient and effective companywide configuration management system.
- Ensure effective configuration control of the design activities and the data contained within diverse HS2 data management systems including BIM, enterprise Bridge and specific technical tools such as DOORS, TRAIL and asset management;
- Engage with the Technical and Delivery teams to define the configuration activities and criteria for design approval.
- Demonstrate through validation and verification activities that the configuration of the design, physical implementation of equipment and operations are compliant with consistent baselines.
- Lead configuration management reviews, collating evidence and providing progress reports demonstrating the configuration control across the programme to specified baselines.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Demonstrable expertise in configuration management of complex systems in major projects.
- Proven track record of successful client management within major projects; working with sponsors, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the rail, construction and utility industries including their requirements and assurance needs.
- Experience in software development and integration of IT systems.
- Civil design and construction experience would be beneficial