Senior Structural Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||South East, UK|
|Salary||£45 - 60,000 + Car + Pkg|
- Job Overview
The Senior Structural Engineer is a key role in leading the structural technical team in the UK to promote this company’s products to major structural design clients and assist with ongoing development of its structural software in partnership with Product Managers and R&D team (software developers). Working from the companies UK technical hub in Southampton.
The role is ideal for a driven Structural Engineer with excellent communications skills and an interest in Software.
One of Europe largest independent CAD, CAE & BIM software developers, with a global turnover of £100m working across 26 offices and 30 years’ experience. The UK operation employees 90 people working across 5 UK offices and has seen organic growth of over 100% in 4 years. The UK operations sells both its own products and is an official Autodesk reseller, what distinguishes this innovate company from the competition is the additional services it provides: IT consultancy and support services, development & programming services, CAD design, CAD & BIM Training, Digital Prototyping and BIM implementation services for all industries.
Covering a multitude of disciplines and market sectors including the Architectural, Engineering & Construction (AEC), Manufacturing (MFG), Infrastructure (ENI) and Media & Entertainment (M&E) industries, whilst still retaining its specialist and pivotal role as an Autodesk Platinum reseller and pioneering applications and software developers.
This company became the only software provider in the world offering a complete suite of integrated design and detailing solutions for the reinforced concrete, timber and steel construction industries.
The Senior Structural Engineer role will be mainly involved in the company’s own structural design software.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the company’s structural software to engineers and advise on workflows between design disciplines and software
- Become a trusted advisor to structural engineering customers
- Work with the company’s sales teams, feedback to development and advise on product localisation
- Conduct Pre-sales technical demonstrations of products & product BIM workflows
- Understand & explain technical and commercial benefits of the company’s software to engineers and Directors
- Play a key role in leading the structural technical team in the UK with the design of new tools and plug-ins to further enhance the structural detailing capacity of Revit
- Able to validate calculations to a client
- Provide technical advice and support to clients investing in Autodesk or company own products
- Using structural analysis skills, provide technical consultancy to customers (software training can be given)
- providing technical assistance relating to BIM/Structures support to end users
- Several years structural design experience (steel, rc or timber) with demonstrated commercial awareness
- Ability to communicate with other engineers and build rapport
- You will have an interested in technology and IT and be prepared to be trained in new software and technologies
- Structural Analysis Experience with 3D FE structural design software and Autodesk Revit (preferred)
- Calculations experience – can design from 1st principals.
- Salary £45,000 – 60,000 DOE
- Company Car