Project Manager - Area North & Birmingham Stations
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||High Speed Rail|
|Salary||£60,000 - 74,400 + pension + holidays|
- As a Project Manager for our Area North and Birmingham Stations teams you will have direct responsibility for budgets up to £100 million as you aid in the design, vision and strategy for the delivery of individually assigned packages. You will work closely with the Senior Project Manager and the wider business to shape, influence and develop the vision of high impact sectors and projects, focusing on innovation and supporting the delivery of this iconic infrastructure programme.
Join a collaborative, friendly and passionate team driven to deliver an unparalleled venture in modern engineering!
Please note we accept applications only for permanent positions and with valid working rights for the UK.
About the role:
- As an experienced Project Manager with construction background in delivery of large civils or rail projects, you will manage all aspects of scope, schedule, budget, cost, quality and Health and Safety targets for your allocated portfolio;
- You will also negotiate, procure and authorise all relevant project contracts and variations, and authorise all payments to meet value-for-money criteria, while leading relationships with external and internal stakeholders;
- Report project progress (including progress reports and papers) to the Contract Board, Programme Board, and other similar Boards as required;
- Oversee the risk management for projects managed, and take lead on audits and independent reviews undertaken by others;
- Provide direct input to communications, press and media for internal and external stakeholders by collaborating with the Communications Directorate;
- Excellent communicator, you establish and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with key contractors and other stakeholders in order to resolve issues and drive the project forward.
- Proven project management track record in delivery in the heavy civils sector, responsible for £35m - 100m worth of work, including experience of enabling works, stations, tunnelling, bridges and viaducts, underground structures, utilities and other;
- With exposure to the "client side" of a large-scale project, experienced in Earned Value and utilising it through project progress reviews, including cost;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to bring on board various and sometimes conflicting stakeholder requirements;
- Ability to engage with, influence, and manage operational level internal and external stakeholders on contentious projects
- A background of practical project management skills; experience in project management tools and techniques to integrate, manage and report on cost, schedule, risk, quality and Health and Safety across internal teams and the supply chain;
- Excellent organisation skills and a proven ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.